Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sweet squirrels

Kids are slowly but surely hearing through the grapevine that I am leaving at the end of the year. Most of them come up to me and say, "You're leaving!" as more of a statement rather than a question. Then they ask why, and they seem to understand when I tell them, but it is still difficult to think about leaving. But a part of me is anxious to start over with two solid years of teaching under my belt. I finally feel as though I am becoming a strong teacher who makes wise decisions and is able to command attention, so it will be nice to walk into IHS confidently, which is much different than my first day here at EHS. Everything made me cry, and kids got away with a lot more in my classroom. Now I am a hardass, even though I will never get used to kids talking openly about fighting and sex right in front of their teacher. Yeek.

1 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

aww... the rambunctious rodentia will miss you. It will get more pronounced closer to the end of the month. Better start bringing tissue with you everywhere.

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home