Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Moving on up to the WEST side

We made an offer on a house with 5 acres this weekend. It has LOTS of trees, and a little swamp (my very own skunk cabbage!). And coyotes and deer. I hope it works out, because I want to be able to visualize where I will spend the next 20-30 years. Yep, that's right, this will be the LAST move for me if I can help it. I was counting... over the last 12 years, since I graduated from high school, I have moved 14 times. Hauling my arsenal that many times has been exhausting. I am tired of it, and I want to unpack, finally. I'm sure my friends can all sympathize, since they have probably moved just as much as I have, so let's have a big cheer for the TRANSIENT! The NOMADIC! The PEOPLE WITH NO HEAVY FURNITURE BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WILL HAVE TO LIFT IT IN TWO MONTHS ANYWAY! I think I want a granite sofa.

4 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

those granite/marble sofas are the best. especially the ones with the concrete infrastructure. and so fashion-forward!

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel. Since I graduated from high school, I have moved around 10 times. That's at least once a year for the time that I have spent in Portland. Ridiculous.

Hope the offer goes through and you'll invite me and the family over for a BBQ.

8:41 AM

 
Blogger Lola Bacon said...

Hello Kelli! I don't know you well, but I will sympathize also. My count is 14 moves in 5 years! I agree with you, husband, let's stay at our wonderful place for a good long time.

8:49 AM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to the impermanence of youth! Rock on, everyone. Much love! And you can crash on our granite sofa anytime!

6:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home