Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Hmmmm...

I went to my first "Manifestation" meeting yesterday. Apparently, one of my students assaulted a teacher, and because he receives special ed services for his severe learning disability, teachers and admins are legally obligated to meet to determine whether the offense was related to the disability. Um, NO! He physically removed her from a doorway, complete with bruises. And besides that expulsion (it was determined NOT to be due to his disability, so he's outta here), I also received three suspension notices in my box about three other students doing naughty things. I really think it needs to rain today.

On a weirder note, I just learned that one of the teachers from my school is going to be working at my new school next year, across the hall from me! Normally, the potential for a little familiarity would be appealing, but this teacher is someone who resigned a month ago for some sexual harrassment issues regarding a student. Plus, his ex-wife works at my current school, and there were harrassment issues a few years back involving her. So he's going to see me at his new job, freak out because I know what he did last summer, and either do everything I say or make my life hell. I guess he's a jerk, but the students love him... yeah, weird. Like I need that!

1 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home