Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I don't like my students very much anymore. They are mean to each other, insensitive to ANYTHING, and they want you to give them something for nothing. They all want special treatment, even if they are manipulative jerks. They do the bare minimum of work, and complain when their grade is average. I feel bad about not liking them, but it is a very real feeling, not just fleeting. I haven't really laughed all day, and that is a bad sign.

What I want is moderately motivated kids, who are excited to learn cool things about art and design, who aren't afraid to experiment and who want to do their best. I want them to be nice to each other AT LEAST to each others' faces, and I want them to listen when I explain why "that's so gay" is NOT an acceptable phrase to use in our society. I want all my students to feel safe here, and they don't, which will make the good kids remove themselves further because the jerks make it difficult for them to get anything done.

I need something to work with here!

3 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

yarghen. that sucks. I've been trying to find little things that make me like my yearbook girls more. Like making them make silly faces for staff photos. they're mostly spoiled, white, lazy girl-things. I'm not very impressed. one of my editors is having a rumor war w/ another student, and the other hasn't shown up for 3 days.

sigh... on the other hand, one of my animation kids laughs like Vincini from the Princess Bride!

3:01 PM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

oh! another thing I did was make them play charades, and then write captions about the charades. that was fun.

3:01 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

I actually love my yearbook squids, they are the most respectful of all (although they can be catty too sometimes). It's all my other classes that are full of pooey heads. AND the hallways are kind of a scary place to be.

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home