I love weather!!!
Thunderstorms are still a novelty to me... I love that you can feel relatively safe watching something of extraordinary power move over you. We sat on our front porch for the first half of the storm last night, then moved to the back patio when the storm sailed over the house to the north. When we went to sit on the back patio, we saw three fantastic bolts touch down just a bit west of us, then we noticed a sound like metal cables snapping... we thought the gutters were coming undone for some reason, but it was soon apparent that hail was hitting the roof and gutters. It started on the south end of our house, and got very, very loud, which prompted us to move under cover. That was smart, because we watched pea-sized and BIGGER hailstones falling in our yard. I have never seen hail that large... I am sad that we didn't save any in the freezer. Rick got upset when I tasted one of the hailstones, and in retrospect it's probably not smart to enjoy water from our nasty, nasty skies, but I can't help it when the storms rage... I become a kid again. What a fun storm!
I hope everyone else got to enjoy it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home