I'm sittin in mah room, waitin fur parentz...
Parent conferences are today. So far I have had three students represented in the first hour, so at that rate, I should see about 18 sets of parents. That is sad, since I have about 130 kids. Let's see, I'll use my free calculator I got at Safeway for buying a pound of meat (my meat-culator) to figure out what percentage that is... 14%. Pathetic. And it is usually the parents you didn't really need to see anyway, because their kids are doing great BECAUSE their parents are actively involved in their education.
Okay, I take back what I said... since I wrote that first stuff, I just got two sets of parents in who have students doing less than stellar in my classes. Both have talent but don't turn in their work... WHY??? The parents sounded on board with emailing me weekly for progress reports, so we'll see if that helps the squids turn in their projects. Refreshing! My time is not completely wasted!!


3 Comments:
gargh! yearbook! sr pics! gargh!
2:21 PM
INDEED. Despite having put out a flyer about senior pics in SEPTEMBER explaining that they are not allowed just to simply "have a friend shoot a picture because they have a nice camera", I am getting absolute crap for pictures. Kids are dumb.
Is your first deadline soon? Ours is Dec 14. We're not ready, my design team is taking way too long. Plus, we had closures this week that made it so I saw my yearbook kids for 20 minutes. Poo.
10:18 AM
I sent off the senior pics to close out our first deadline about, oh, 4 hours after I made that comment. Somehow, I inherited a "hard copy only" rule for senior pic submissions. Which meant, of course, that several of them went missing. Good God, ya'll. I'm totally changing the rules next year. I'm also totally starting putting the pages together about a month sooner.
blech.
6:15 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home