Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, June 01, 2009

6+ month checkup!

Big kid, once again, although the percentiles were a bit lower:

21 lbs, 15 oz. No wonder my back and right hip hurt.
29 inches long. Explains why the 12-month clothing fits lengthwise, but has plenty of room in the width. Can anyone say NBA? Or that-tall-guy-that-always-gets-stuff-down-from-tall-shelves-for-short-people?

Dr. Ram was impressed by Ruary's keen sitting superpowers. He also pointed out a tooth that is JUST ready to pop out, on the bottom. Can't wait. He's a healthy boy who now gets to start stage 1 food, followed by stage 2 next month. The food adventures begin!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Great to hear that he's such a healthy little guy. I hope he likes eating food. I always thought it was kinda fun to see them eat things for the first time. Just an FYI in case you're curious... For the most part, the only difference between lots of the Stage 1 and Stage 2 foods are the size of the jar, so if he's eating enough of it to make a jar disappear quickly enough, you can buy the bigger jars, which are cheaper (in price per volume).

7:05 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Sarah-
Thank you for the tip... I thought the food inside the 1 and 2 jars looked suspiciously alike!

7:17 PM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

Wow... those stats sound suspiciously like Charles'. Two peas in a pod, those boys.

I know it sounds like a pain, but it is really easy to make your own food. Rice cereal mixed with breastmilk to start, then pureed stuff. Lists of great foods to start with are all over the internet, but mashed banana and avocado, cooked fruits like apples (I actually buy unsweetened applesauce - the only thing I buy), pears, and peaches, cooked squash and sweet potatoes are great and very easy. He'll love food. I admire you for waiting so long- Charles wouldn't handle it. Now, he stuffs down anything we put in front of him, and next month we start him on chunks of food. Such fun!

8:00 PM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

Also, I admire that Ruary still fits into 12-month clothing. Charles is REALLY long in the torso, so we have to have 18-month stuff. I took some photos of him before bathtime tonight while he was flirting with his reflection in the mirror, naked. Does Ruary have extra rolls once you take off his diaper?

8:03 PM

 
Blogger Carole said...

Another piece of unsolicited advice. Get one of those "safe" feeders, you know, the mesh baggie with the handle that allows them to eat solids without choking? I've only seen them sold locally at Walgreen's in Warrenton, but it's worth the trip over there. I put banana in Jenna's and she LOVES it (plus, it keeps her content and busy for a good 20 minutes). You can also put ice in it when they teethe.

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Lo said...

Good check up Ruru!! I knew he was an over-achiever. Come on toofer...We want to see his pearly whites.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger LIONO said...

We have the mesh "chum" bags. I never thought of doing the ice thing though, that is a good idea =)

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home