Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Okay, so, occasionally I unwillingly take delivery on some really weird donations to my art department. People think they are handing over the keys to the kingdom, when in actuality they are just getting rid of obsolete crap. Sometimes I get old equipment and materials, but sometimes I get audio/visual stuff, like the set of 35mm slides recently brought to me:

Man and His Values: An inquiry into good and evil (Middle School Edition)

I won't go into the weirdness of there being a SLIDE set of this nature, so I'll just bring to your attention the last bit in parentheses. Does this indicate that there is also a High School edition, and for that matter, an Elementary School edition?

I haven't looked at the slides yet, but I'll try to scan some if they are strange enough to merit commentary. I love my job.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sheflex said...

Speaking of donations... I have some photo stuff I was going to see if you wanted; paper, paints and who knows what else. If your interested let me know. I haven't looked at it in years, I just keep moving it from house to house. If not, I'll toss it.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Photo stuff is always fun and cool. Don't throw it away, bring it down and I'll take a look.

4:30 AM

 
Blogger Carole said...

Do you ever have a need for interior house paint? Because I've got that crap coming out my ears. Also, if you ever have ideas for fun, crafty art projects that can be done by a toddler, I'm all ears. I very nearly majored in art in college, but a bad episode of pointillism threw me off course.

1:54 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Now you've put me on task... I don't know of any good books on toddler crafts. However, once Michael is of preschooler age, believe it or not, I recommend Rosie O'Donnell's Crafty U book. It's really good, whether or not you can stand her.

I'll do some research... after all, I will be faced with the same thing soon. And there will only be so many times I can just turn Ruary loose with paper, a tarp, and finger paints.

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Carole said...

I have "The Toddler's Busy Book," which is a very good book, but I find that Michael cycles through the suggested crafts in seconds. Prolific, that one.

1:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home