Disclaimer: This post is not meant to offend anyone. I do not fault anyone their beliefs... in fact, each person's chosen path to spirituality can be quite beautiful. This is simply the angry rant of a mother who can't seem to do anything to make her child comfortable.
Okay, so I understand, according to scripture, why childbirth has to hurt... supposedly, Eve made God really mad so he punished her (but not Adam... hmmmmm, that's my first clue that this is CRAP...) by making childbirth excruciating. Which it was. Yeah, I get it. Now can we continue with our lives?
NOOOOO!!! Your child gets to suffer, too. Not through illness, but through TEETHING. Why, oh why, does teething have to be so painful? What did my little boy do to deserve this pain? Nothing. So why does a perfectly healthy child have to experience what appears to be intolerable pain? Pain that pushes its way through teething toys, sucking on knuckles, Orajel, and Tylenol???
NOT FAIR. Cruel, really.


2 Comments:
The good news is that it passes. Tylenol is great, and make sure you check the dosage with your doctor... Charles is large enough to have two entire droppers-full. If he develops a stuffed-up nose like Charles did, invest in a humidifier and some vicks on a bib (not directly on his skin). Also, Sarah told me about baby carrots... cold like a teething ring, tough and finger-sized. Also, we dipped the corner of a burp rag in water, froze it, and then gave it to Charles to suck on. I hope something helps!
11:14 AM
By the way, I think the reason childbirth hurts is because we try to push something relatively large out of a relatively small hole. Just getting to 10 centimeters for something that is usually closed up tight makes my stomach turn, not to mention the pushing part(and I did it ALL with no drugs). That said, it hurts all species... animals don't seem to enjoy it any more than we do. I don't belive that pain is meant to atone for anything, it's just how reproduction works.
I have figured out the trade, though... immense love that only a mother can feel. As much as the men in our lives are great and I am sure they love their children, I don't think it is the same. And, as I have concluded, a father's love is more self-centered (which is not a judgment, merely an observation). Moms sacrifice more than you would ever believe until you become one. And happily.
11:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home