Parallels
Lori's water broke at 2 am this morning. Labor hadn't started, but she did start having contractions once they got to the hospital. On a clear, cool fall Sunday morning.
My water broke at 7 am on a clear, cool fall Sunday morning last year, and my contractions started once I got to the hospital.
Do you think we're related?
She is resting right now. They gave her Pitocin to get things moving, but progress had been slow all day. So they took her off the drip this evening, and she is resting and eating. They're going to fire it back up at midnight, hopefully giving way to some fruitful labor. Oh, the road ahead. I just hope her doctors have the wherewithal to know when enough is enough. Us girls have BIG babies (they mentioned possibly doing an ultrasound to see just how big) with BIG heads that just don't fit. Help us out a little here.
What sucks? The fact that I can't be up there helping her like she helped me last year. Due to the widespread fear regarding H1N1, her hospital (as well as many, many hospitals in our country) has barred any visitors besides the direct caregivers, meaning only two people can be on the ward and in her room. Those jobs go to Steve of course, and our Mom. But I will wait patiently, and be ready to go when I am needed.
Please pray, think good thoughts, bake cookies... whatever you do to send the good vibes. What a wonderful day--my niece is almost here. I better vacuum!


2 Comments:
Hooray for miss Grace! Keep us posted... I hope labor goes smoothly, once it goes.
12:31 PM
Yay!!! We'll definitely be sending positive labor and delivery thoughts her way. Can't wait to see little Miss Grace.
1:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home