Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

If I don't write it here, it may not happen.

Here is what has to happen in the next 16 weeks, come hell, high water, or a people's revolution...

1. Clear out the office. Like, get everything out of there, including the futon, and the desk, and Rick's baby--I mean, computer. To make room for the room's new function... baby room #2.
2. Sell some stuff... like the futon, the gigantic tv cabinet in our garage, and some other things that just won't be making their way back into our house. EVER.
3. Paint two of the walls orange, to go with the two cobalt blue walls that already exist. A complementary color scheme, if you will. With cute monsters, I think.
4. Get the carpets cleaned, throughout the house. This is a non-negotiable.
5. Get the propane people out here to get the ball rolling on a propane insert to replace the wood stove. Because it makes me cough. And takes up too much room so we can 't have a dining room table.
6. Replace our tall, queen-sized bed with a lower king-sized one so we can all fit, if need be. I really have visions of our family of four spending Sunday mornings hanging out in our bedroom.
7. Organize said bedroom, to make room for a bassinet full o' baby.
8. Find some storage furniture for baby #2 room.
9. Find a name for baby #2. This has proven to be seriously difficult.

4 Comments:

Blogger Salal said...

That is a SERIOUS list. A woman after my own heart.
In light of that list, I offer my services. Can I please come visit and be put to work? Cause I'm thinking that will be the only way I'll get to see you before new baby. (Not that I won't want to come immediately upon new baby's arrival).

9:02 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

You better be comin' down when baby is born, seeing as there is always a strong possibility that baby might be born on your birthday.

You can always come visit... you don't have to offer any services, we just like you. But, I plan to paint during spring break...

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

This stresses me out. I have tried to create my own list, but that stresses me out, too.

Then again, by creating a list, you have tangible instructions for the men in your life who will be helping with all this. And there is something to be said for letting Rick know EXACTLY what needs to be done within the next four months.

Also, if I thought a king-sized bed could fit in our room, I would do that too. Fortunately, Tony is an early riser, so my snuggle-fests with the kiddos will still fit in the queen.

Good luck, and keep us updated on the progress- I'll be living vicariously through your nesting :-)

12:34 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

How did you guess the purpose for my list-posting, Amelia? I'm so passive-agressive, at least where my husband is concerned.

12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home