Go team.
I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm trying to imagine sunnier, drier days, where I don't weigh 200 pounds and I can go up a flight of stairs without pausing at the top to catch my breath and fight off the nausea. Days where I can eat whatever looks good and not get eyebrow-searing heartburn.
I'm remaining positive about the summer. Oh, yes I am. I am thinking good thoughts about time with my family of four, about time hopefully spent bonding and nursing, and not pumping. Yep, I'm worried about a repeat performance. But I'm also taking measures and educating myself this time around. I am going to be WAY more assertive when it comes to seeing my baby right after my c-section, and to make them let me try nursing RIGHT AWAY instead of hours after baby is born. I think the fact that I am expecting surgery will make all the difference, and I will know how my body reacts and how to remain as alert as possible.
It's GOING TO HAPPEN. Because it has to… for my sanity, for everything. I cannot spend 16 months pumping this time around, and that is for damned sure. I want a healthy child, but I want to hang out with Ruary and his little brother as much as possible, while NOT attached to a pump. So I am being much, much more realistic, and I am preparing myself to not set myself up for disappointment if it doesn't happen. I just hope this kid has a shorter tongue. Stupid genetics.
Just a pep talk to myself.


2 Comments:
You will have an easier time of it, because of experience as much as education. Hell, yes, demand to see your child right away! I think so much of our fear of assertion as first-time moms comes just from that: being first-time moms. You know what to expect, you'll be rested going into surgery, and you can make your wishes known ahead of time. Tell Loris, and she'll advocate for you, too!
We're on the downhill side of this mountain, and when our babies meet in the fall, we'll have stories about how much easier it was this time around, I just know it. Chin up!
12:26 PM
Thanks, sista. Sometimes you just need to write it down to believe it, huh?
7:19 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home