Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sigh.

The room is painted, the Ikea furniture is put together, the crib is moved (who knew it wouldn't fit through the door... although it WAS assembled in Ruary's room, only to remain there until yesterday). I have begun to wash all the tiny 3-month clothes (a few people got me newborn size... yeah, we'll see about that...) and organize all the pee-pee tee-pees and the hooded towels and the blankets. The Target order is on its way, with a second diaper pail and changing pad (you know, because Ruary is going to be in diapers FOREVER).

So, I will survive. If I go into labor tonight, I will be ready enough to focus on enjoying the birth of my second and last child. Milo is arriving soon, and I am determined to have this be a completely different experience. I am actually finding myself getting excited. I looked at a little onesie that is printed with the words "little brother" and I all of a sudden became really, really interested in meeting this thing inside me who is slowing down my digestion, my climbing-the-stairs-at-work pace, my brain. Oh man, is he going to sleep as well as his big brother? Is he going to smile when he's sixteen days old like his big brother? Is he going to have light red hair when he is born, only to develop a messy crown of ash blonde curls, like his big brother? Probably not any of this, because every kid is different. But I can't wait to find out.

In the meantime, however, I have work to do. I have to graduate a (dwindling, unfortunately) list of seniors on Saturday. I have to make sure all the yearbooks are sold and accounted for, and make sure my three yearbook campers are ready for July. I have to collect all the CBAs for the state, lest I appear an inferior teacher. And I have to make sure grades are entered and posted, with no oversights that will cause someone's parents to ground them for the summer. And I have to make sure my room is clean and the lockers are all cleaned out, and that my supply order is counted in and safely stored for the summer. Summer vacation is a helluva lot of work.

But BRING IT ON! Because I want to see a MILO.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

It's getting so close! I'm breathing a sigh of relief for you that everything is done... and you never know about the newborn sizes. I have a feeling my new one is going to be smaller than Charles was - and since you won't be overdue, maybe Milo will be, too! Breathe (as deep as you can, which for me is shallow indeed) and keep posting - it helps my days to go faster!

8:44 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Don't you worry... I'll post more. Expect a sobby post about Ruary soon, because I know our days are numbered as a family of three.

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

You sure busted that out. It doesn't seem that long ago when you said that basically nothing was done. Nothing like a little deadline pressure to get things kicked into high gear. Sound like your list of to-dos is still pretty significant though. Good luck on finishing the rest. I hope you get to do something special with Ruary before the big event.

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Lo said...

He is going to have RED hair.

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home