Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, April 06, 2009

I'm sorry.

Scout 2

I just need to give a shout-out to my dogs. Scout is going to be 13 years old in July, and she has been my best friend since my second year out of high school. I feel like I have been a terrible DogMom to her since Ruary was born, and I see her aging to the point where she doesn't move around as well as she used to. It breaks my heart to know that she will not be with me forever, and that Ruary most likely won't remember running around the yard with her, yelling her name and hugging her when she brings the ball to him (which, as soon as she notices he can throw a ball, that is what she will see him as... a vehicle upon which to deposit a ball to be thrown). I just hope that Ruary gets a chance to do that with Scout, because that is what she does best.

Dill is another story. He just turned three (on April Fool's Day) and he is acting just like a three-year-old child would act faced with a little sibling. He definitely wants to draw the attention from Ruary, trying to wedge himself as close to us as possible (bumping the sofa and waking the baby, often). Sometimes he even grabs his "suck-baby" (a long stuffed dragon that he sucks on, pacifier-like, when he's tired) and flings it around to either a) entertain Rick and me or b) entertain Ruary. I hope it is option b. I think that Dill will be Ruary's best friend some day. But in the meantime, it is tough on our little Border Collie, who used to be the smallest, cutest thing in the house before the little pink puppy came along.

This summer, I hope to hang out with the pooches a bit more. I pledge to get them to the beach where they can do their thing. Okay, I'm going to stop typing before I cry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

Wanna have some doggy beach time when we come up on the 17th? We try to go every day when we are down there...

9:43 AM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

That would be cool. I think Buster and Dill will get along. Scout doesn't think she is a dog, so she will probably ignore Buster.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Joe Six-Pack said...

Good poochies.

9:48 AM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

I'm pretty freaked out by how old The Bug is getting. He's 15 in Nov. He's older than some of my students. He's on his twice-daily thyroid meds, and I watch him having trouble jumping up on taller things (like the bed) now. It just makes me so sad to see him considering every jump before he attempts it.

I need more fuzzy hugs.

10:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home