Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Done.


Oh my, how things have changed. Over a year ago, projects like simple felt stockings would be finished in an evening of stuck fingers (I am the world's worst sewer) and would be hung and admired for an entire holiday season. Ha. No more! The pictured stockings were started the Monday before Ruary was born, with the intentions that they would be ready for his first Christmas last year. I had everything cut out and ready to go, then I endured this silly thing called childbirth, you may have heard of it. And the stockings sat in a Joann Fabrics bag until a couple of weeks ago.

That bag, having made its way from the Craft Closet of Clutter out to the living room, taunted me. "Loser," it said (or rather, crinkled). "Can't even finish an easy-peasy project? Who ARE you?"

That bag had a point. So tonight, after having finished my shopping for Ruary's stocking, I decided I must have a stocking to stuff. So I dug in and finished.

They are cute, but I don't know how strong they are. I may follow in my family's tradition and take the stockings down to fill them, hide Ruary's, then write a witty little clue that will force Ruary to find his loot. Not happening this year, obviously, but I look forward to many years of sending him to the clothes dryer to find his stocking.

It's kind of cool... seeing all of the stockings hung on the bookshelf, we kind of look like a family. Even Scout and Dill are represented, with their white and black stockings, respectively. I didn't put monograms on their stockings, because they have no intention of learning how to read. Lazy mutts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

Super cute stockings!

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home