Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, June 13, 2011


On the eve of our latest arrival, I have been spending the day with my #1 boy. It couldn't have been a better day so far. Ruary and I worked together on Milo's room, dusting the changing table with Swiffers, putting blankets away (that he fetched for me from various places, what a good man) and hanging artwork, not only in Milo's room, but also in his. A few weeks ago, he created these four little canvases for his own room, and he couldn't be any prouder of his work. And the fact that he has his very own paintbrush (no way he is going to use mine, at least not until he understands how to clean a brush).

I am having a hard time thinking that he could possibly feel slighted in any way. I know everyone insists that love only multiplies, but I want Ruary to forever know that I think he is the most amazing creature I have ever met. He changes every day, changing into a person that I want to know. This is hard. Tonight, we drop him off at Grandma and Grandpa's house to stay the night, because getting a sleep-loving toddler up at 4 am is not on my list of kind deeds. Wish us luck in dealing with tomorrow's surgery, but also wish this sentimental, emotional wreck the ability to get through this evening without dissolving into a puddle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lo said...

Oh, he knows that you love him. How could he not? Sounds like you guys had a great day.
See you tomorrow with Mr. Milo. I am coming with full forces. Grace and Haley are ready to keep Ru company when needed, and take care of a newborn when needed.

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

You are such good parents, Ruary will always know that he is treasured. And now he will have a Milo to treasure him, idolize him, drive him crazy, and be his best friend when they are older. I look forward to seeing photos of the two of them together!

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home