It's time to admit that I am wearing thin. I have a newborn who has not established a feeding schedule, and therefore could decide to feed for two hours straight. I have a toddler who has now decided that I am not worth listening to, ESPECIALLY while I am feeding his brother. I have no idea how to cope with this, and have gone so far as to record an episode of "Supernanny" in order to get tips. I don't know what to do.
I am mentally exhausted, and physically almost done in. I can't eat as much as I want to, because for some reason, my digestive system is revolting and adding yet another suck factor.
I love my children. Milo is beautiful and tiny and when he is not crying and fussing, he makes the most amazing faces. He has a tiny little mouth and huge dark-blue eyes that convey his wonder with the new world around him. He hasn't smiled yet, but I think he will soon (Ruary smiled for real at 16 days, so unfair to compare, I think). And Ruary... he is talking like a five-year-old now, communicating like crazy and doing more and more things for himself. He is incredible, even if he does not listen to a word I say. I look forward to next summer, when I have tackled all of these problems and can actually enjoy my life. Because right now I'm having a hard time doing so.
I want to fix everything, but if I can't even cope with something like a toddler saying "NO!", what kind of power do I have?


2 Comments:
Email coming, but overall comment: hang in there. I feel your pain and I have some tips.
12:02 PM
I wish I could make it all better. All I can say is that it will get better. In the meantime treasure the good moments and forget the bad ones as soon as they pass. In case you need reminding...you are a good Mother and your sons are lucky to have you! Hugs and Kisses to all from Auntie Lisa. Hope to see you soon.
1:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home