Curriculum mapping

Above: the view from my classroom. Yes, it is lovely. Thank you.
So, I now have one official week under my belt as an employee of my new district. It was great to finally meet the people I will be teaching with, and to feel out situations that I had been anticipating/dreading/blogging about. One teacher went to school with my aunt and I think she still sees me as a kid, but that will change the first time I make her mad in some way (seems inevitable). I like my admins so far, but I am kind of bummed that I can't wear jeans. Oh well, time to grow up, this isn't quite as laid back as my old school (and that's okay at this point in my career). One thing that is undoubtedly good... Sarah works down the hall from me, and we're having fun (blue spray paint and feathers can make nasty shelves look dreamy). All in all, I am already slightly overwhelmed, but I can't do a darn thing about ANYTHING until I meet my kids on Tuesday (I just finished my homework--seating charts). Then wonderful chaos shall reign, and I will just have to hang on. I love my job.
The house situation is also good... we're on track to get the place we want, and now my aunt and uncle are looking at a place with property that is almost adjacent to our new property... my uncle is talking about blazing a trail from their house to ours. Which is okay, because he has a nice tractor and is a good cook. I am anxious to get our house so I can set down roots and have access to everything I own once again. Don't get me wrong... staying with the parents is going fine, they are the most easy-going people ever, but we are four grown-ups trying to coordinate schedules and I hate to disrupt my parents' lives. I don't like to inconvenience anyone.
Well, wish me luck (and wish Crystal luck on her first day on... well, what day? My old school is going to be delayed going back due to construction issues... check her blog, sounds like hell).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home