Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Friday, June 29, 2007

For the last few days, I have had the privelege of sitting on an interview panel for our school's new principal. I offered to do this simply because I plan on being invested in this school, and possibly plan on retiring from this district some day. So I was KIND of concerned about who leads me for the next few years, of course.

It is interesting to interview someone who is going to be your boss. I have never had this experience, and it felt weird and backward and empowering, I guess. Luckily, we had five great candidates, and we narrowed it down to two for the school board to grill on Monday. I feel good about the choices we made... both are young enough to give a damn and progressive enough to push me as an educator, so either would be fine. However, one of them is a fan of open-source software and a Mac person, so you can probably guess who I am pulling for (those are not the only reasons why this person is my choice, though). Either way, I think it will be a good year, a hard year, but a different year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home