Summer jobs begin!
Yesterday was productive. I cleaned the hizzy, something I had been putting off, and now I am ready to do some home improvement. Besides little things like changing brass hardware (ick! ick! ick!), my big job is painting the exterior of the house. The color scheme will be as such: olivey-green, with black trim and orangey-red accents under the three front windows. I was online looking for ideas for house numbers this morning, and I ran across these and fell in love...
They were on super-sale, much to my delight, at a site called Design Within Reach (I would include the link but stupid blogger isn't displaying all the tools on the toolbar... does anyone else ever have this problem?). Normally I would DIY something to put outside, but these were so us that I sprang for them.Painting shall begin soon... this will be the first house I have painted (Rick did our last house), so I hope I don't fall off a ladder.


3 Comments:
I love design w/in reach. They have so much rad stuff. Speaking of house numbers, I was really impressed with the numbers that Laura put together on her house. I may have to do something similar.
Olive green w/ orange-red, eh? Sounds yummy to me. I have to repaint the ceiling in our bedroom and I'm not really looking forward to it. I don't like ceiling painting at all.
4:53 PM
Ceiling painting does suck... I have found that a roller with a super-long handle and LOTS of paint helps. My philosophy is that if it doesn't go on in one coat, f**k it.
I don't remember the letters at Laura's house... are they mosaic?
7:53 PM
They were big wooden cut-outs that had metal sheet nailed over the top. very schmancy.
10:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home