Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, June 04, 2007



I got rid of the seniors from hell today. No more. Actually, I will see them at graduation since I have to help run the damned event. But after that, don't let the door hit you in your self-centered arse.

Now, to be fair, there were a few of the seniors that I did bond with, ones that didn't feel that everything must be handed to them on a silver platter for doing a minimal amount of work ("No, I will not give you an A for shooting pictures of your friends for the 15th time!"). The seniors I bonded with will succeed because they understand there is a world past that which their parents have created for them in this little burg.

I have one student who is going to fashion design school (a good school in SF, still can't believe she got in). I just hope her instructors don't make her cry too much during her first year, but it is inevitable, and she needs to know that they do this to make us better artists. I forgot to tell her that today.

2 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

The introduction to college-level critique can be a bit of a shock at first. I think most people can get through it, as long as the instructor doesn't actually say the words, "If you didn't put sh*t up on the board, I wouldn't call it sh*t."

10:20 AM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

ps. He didn't say that to me....

10:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home