We are hosting Easter at our house. It is funny that we celebrate Easter, since no one in our family does church (not even grandparents). Mostly, we just need a reason to get together and eat. We will have chocolate, because chocolate is the same color of the wood on the cross... kidding, watch Eddie Izzard for more on that. Actually, we will not be doing an egg hunt, since there are no children under the age of 15 in the fam. Instead, we will be hiding dog treats (untainted, we hope) in the yard/forest for the 6 or so dogs that will be here that afternoon. Weird, sad, yes, but it will be hecka fun.
This is my first time hosting a family dinner. I hope we have room for everyone (should be 14-16 people), but other than that, it will be cake. My spring break has been spent cleaning the house and planting my container garden, and the hizzy is looking pretty damn good. With a new puppy around, however, I am waiting until the last minute to vacuum. Dogs are hairy... and incredibly cute, so I forgive them their hairiness.
Tomorrow, I make lemon bars and spinach dip (yes, in a loaf of bread). Time for me to turn off "Encino Man" and do something constructive.


2 Comments:
ahhh!!! Encino Man. The greatest of the early 90's movies! Unless you start figuring in House Party w/ Kid N Play.
11:24 AM
I once told someone at PNCA that my name was Betty Nugs. They didn't get it.
House Party was the first movie I ever saw where they talked about condoms... so risque.
7:07 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home