Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Preggo do what preggo wants

At the request of fellow childbearer Amelia, here are updated pics of the baby room. Wow, it looks kind of busy in the photos...This is the view standing in the southeast corner of baby room. Note the painstakingly put-together Ikea furniture (it was a group effort... I started it in August, and Rick just finished it up for me two weeks ago, what a prince!). The curtains drove the color scheme, I think, which ended up being primary madness on an aqua canvas with hints of orange. Delightful.
The painting sitting above the crib will be hung up on the wall as soon as I attach the hardware to it. Notice that the bird sitting on the top of the crown is doing nothing to help the other two... I think that's funny.
And THIS is the cute, cute, cute little wall hanger given to me by a friend of the family. It will be hung probably at the same time my painting is hung. Which, I hope, is sooner rather than later, but I'm trying to remain realistic.

Some news: First of all, my two cousin babies are here in the world breathing air instead of amniotic fluid!!! Mike's girlfriend Jennifer had Marlee Ann on October 22 at 2 am, and Alina had Lila Celeste on October 22 at 3 pm. Yes, they share a birthday.
Some more news: Lori is officially engaged to Lieutenant Steve (he's not really a military official, I just call him that... seen Good Morning Vietnam?). They haven't set a date, but it's officially official. Now I can call Steve brotha from anotha motha. I'm so happy for them, they're an amazing couple of folks... plus, Steve deals with my family so well. He's a keeper!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe Six-Pack said...

From now on, the baby sleeps in the crib. Iron helps us play! Huahahahhah!!! Hello, Joe!

Raury shall never be irreverence or sarcasm starved.

Today's word verification is...

REOPASUB

10:04 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Who is Joe Six-Pack? Matthew? Or is it actually Bill Cosby?

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Lo said...

Thanks for the shout out. The room looks great. I think it turned out awesome.

I think joe is actually Rudy!!

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

Wow! I am now suffering from nursery envy... it looks great, and so put together! Not that I am surprised that you would find a way to turn the world of pastels on its head and create something so fun :-)
Feeling any closer? I wish I could say I was, but I just feel tired.

11:53 AM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

I am getting a lot of funny stretching/cramping/moving feelings in, well, that region, so I think the kiddo may be shifting into place for the big day. I see the doctor today, so I hope to gain some insight into if I am getting close. I think I am, but like I said on your blog, I don't have The Crazy yet.

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home