Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Ocean Beach Education Foundation auction was last night, with a safari theme. Thank goodness I found the only zebra-print maternity dress ever made, for cheap, too! Everyone looked really cute in safari gear, including the Rickster.
I told Secret Squirrel that she is the only person I know who can pull off hot and silly at the same time. She was covered in snakes (or Bobos that can pass as snakes but are actually dragons).
The folks who decorated the space had fun doing so, and it was the coolest-looking auction yet. Aunt Karla let them use her collection of stuffed creatures, and Rick couldn't help himself... he had to set them up at a table and play pretend. I believe he is pictured here picking fleas out of the chimp's fur.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

You look beautiful... even if you are wearing zebra print. My college roommate's younger sister once told us, disgustedly, that only sluts wear animal print. I think we all had on pink snakeskin at the time, so perhaps she was jealous of our incredible fashion sensibility :-)

It would be great to see you when we're at the beach next weekend... I plan to bring you a local treat for the baby, maybe Sarah and I could go to your shower for a few minutes before mine begins? Where are you having it? Hmm, perhaps this is better done over email, where I can give my digits for greater ease of hooking up: ameliaholeman at yahoo dot com

6:49 PM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

Oh, and I think I remember when Heidi wore that blue/green dress to a dance in high school...

6:53 PM

 
Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

That was a fun night! The decorations were awesome. The food was killer. Good folks, good times.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Lo said...

You look very nice in zebra...The dress looks cute.

See you this weekend. Shower should be fun. Want to do the bridge walk on Sunday? Heehee. Ruary would love it.

9:30 AM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Rick joked about us doing the bridge walk last week, when we were driving home from our childbirth class. The days we have class are very long, and I was tired and almost falling asleep in the truck, and he thinks he's being funny to suggest such a thing. What a &*%$!@# comedian.

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Lo said...

Yeah. Probably wouldn't be too fun for you.
I think Matt, Carrie, Owen and me and hopefully Steve may do it, if the weather is going to be decent.

Oh, I picked up a bag of berry granola for you too. I will bring on Friday.

3:51 PM

 
Blogger Sheflex said...

Matt, Carrie & Owen are planning on doing the super walk - barring any rain. We can bring you a stroller if you like :).

7:35 PM

 
Blogger LIONO said...

You realize that the superwalk is like 6 miles? Somebody is going to be carrying the O-bug for sure.

I am too fat and out of shape to make the walk this year. I broke a sweat eating beef jerky the other day... that's how bad it is. Marshmallows are a breeze though.

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Sheflex said...

I just figured if the kid couldn't make it we'd just pick him up on the way back. But i was thinking about getting this new fangled contraption called a stroller just in case. You might think about getting one for you little monkey that will be arriving soon.

10:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home