Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

progress

I'm getting there... so far, the room has been painted, we have installed curtain rod/curtains (don't worry... the horrible venetian blinds will be replaced by a blackout roller shade, since the existing blinds don't really make it a nap-friendly space), I painted the rocking chair orange, I put together the crib, and Rick installed the new lighting fixture. I'm in love with the black crib, by the way.

Still to do for baby room:
*another visit to Ikea for some TROFAST storage (just so you know, everything from Ikea must be spelled in all caps and said in a Swedish accent)
*acquire a changing table (since I'm obsessing over the design of this room just a bit more than I should, I want to get the one that matches the crib... we'll see if that happens!)
*Make the diaper decision (right now, we're thinking a combo of gDiapers and Seventh Generation disposables when necessary... if anyone knows about something cool, please tell me!)
*get a mattress and figure out how to make the crib bumpers and chair cushions from the fabulous sock monkey fabric

I'm feeling like I might be somewhat done with the room by the end of the summer, and that's a good feeling for sure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lo said...

Room looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. How is the building going?

12:23 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

We have trusses and they are in the shape of a roof right now, but they are on the ground. It's still cool, though. I hope they get the lead out and we have a shop by the end of the summer!

6:22 PM

 
Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

Great room!

10:21 PM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

Very fun. I am very much a fan of the orange rocker and that awesome rug. Will the bookcase stay brown or become black or orange?

4:34 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Bookcase is going in the shop, as soon as it is done. My house is full of things like that right now. Grr.

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

The room looks awesome! It looks like you've been having a lot of fun with it. Andy's mom made Claire's crib bumper, and I'm not sure it was terribly complicated. If you want a pattern, let me know.

1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home