Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Appliance a-go-go

We came home last night to realize that our refrigerator had given up the ghost. It leaked frozen stuff onto the floor, and it stopped getting cold. I think it has absorbed all of the hate I harbor for it and has decided to leave this world, leaving all of our perishables perishing. It was a side-by-side (meaning the freezer is next to the fridge part, leaving NO room for anything in the freezer), and I used to curse the fact that a frozen pizza could never live in my house.

We went fridge shopping today, and we have to order one... won't be here until Friday, of course. Sooooo, last birthday Rick got me a mini-fridge to put in my classroom (which I will actually use this year, so I don't have to climb the thousands of stairs to get to the staff room to get my food), and we have now crammed all of the salvageable items from dead fridge into the mini one. It was tetris-y fun for Rick, but I just lamented the loss of some good dressing and salad-in-a-bag, along with a container of fresh orange juice that was marked "extremely perishable". Crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

The good part about pregnancy, however, is having a spouse take care of all the sh*t that happens. It has been hard for me to give up vacuuming, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. And when your new fridge comes, guess who won't have to do any of the moving, unpacking, packing, and loading? Just write up that shopping list and chill :-). Ahh, the good life. Now, if it only weren't so damn hard to gestate this kidlet!

12:31 PM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

We had a fridge in the last rental that almost didn't make it through the summer heat wave. When the temp got up to 107, the freezer part of it (yes... side by side), decided that clams and fish didn't really need to be frozen.

bye bye seafood. it was very sad.

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home