Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Firefox tells me what to do

When I go to type in my blog's url in the address bar, it usually auto-completes after I type in the letters "mold". However, this time, it did not do its job quickly enough, and I was taken to mold.com, which is the Scrubbing Bubbles website. I think the universe is trying to tell me that it is time to clean the house. I promptly went to scrub the toilet. I believe this is a start.

A bit of news on the cervix front: I saw the doctor on Wednesday, and once again, "that's a big baby" was the first thing out of her mouth when that measuring tape was stretched across the vast expanse of my womb. Bottom line, my midwife is not going to let me go any more than two more weeks before she takes some interesting-sounding measures to get me into labor (I won't go into detail since my impressionable brother reads this occasionally and I don't want to scar him). I would expect that, by November 12 or so, I'll be in labor or having a child yanked out of me somehow.

Next Friday (the seventh) is my last day of work. I was part of the camp who states "I will work until my water breaks!" but as it gets more difficult to make it to the bathroom every hour and the knifing sensations due to ligaments stretching, I am so ready to be done. I could be done today if it wasn't for a few things: yearbook pre-sales happening next week, not having all sub plans done, and several boxes to put away in the storage room, plus other things that are escaping my shrunken, blood-deprived brain. My only solace at this point is that I have a WONDERFUL long-term sub lined up who is anxious to get started, so I know that my classroom will be well-taken care of.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

Sounds like we are in the same "big baby" boat... last week I told my doctor not to tell me any more tales about how this is a big baby, so he wisely did not say anything at all as he measured my belly - I'm sure I detected a smirk on his face, however. I was hoping for just lots and lots of fluid in there, but the obvious rump just under my left boob tells me this isn't the case.
Tony and I went for a walk today and I had some contractions. Nothing sustainable, but it's a start and I'll take it. Fingers crossed for this week! Good luck with the no working thing... keep some household cleaning projects for those first few days off of work, lest you get cabin fever.

3:11 PM

 
Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

I am not prepared for you not to be at work. I need more time to consider this. I know I have known about it for a while, but still, I am unprepared to make it through the next few months of work without you. Sigh.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

I will miss being at work for sure. I can't believe I'm going to be gone for so much time, it's hard to just let go and let things happen without me. I have to realize that the IMHS machine continues no matter if I am here or not.

12:50 PM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

yay for good subs! The kids told me my last sub was weird, but funny. All I know is that he didn't leave me any notes. Good luck on the baby front. I bet it'll be nice to move freely again.

4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home