Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Teacher skip day

I took a "personal day" today. I was dragging my butt at work, and I have so many things to iron out, that I thought it might be good to take one of those beautiful days that our union has so graciously bargained for. I won't carry them over to my new job anyway, and my students are all hard at work on their final projects, so it just seemed to make sense. Went to the gym, just ran some errands (hoping not to see skipping students or any parents), and so on. Good times.

Went to see X-Men this weekend... fun movie, typical of the genre, and of course ALWAYS a pleasure to see my favorite characters in action. However, before the movie, there was a short preview for what I thought was a joke... Snakes on a Plane, the movie. The whole theater chuckled while Samuel L. Jackson suffered yes, what else, but snakes on a plane. So I went to the movie website today, and sure enough, it exists. Whether or not this is intended to be a serious action movie OR a spoofy satire, I don't know, but consider me intrigued. I think it might be the title (good move on their part) that got me interested, being the pop-culture consumer that I am. Further research shall be done to see if I'm a total tool regarding this movie, we shall see.

5 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

good on ya. as for S.O.A.P. the Movie.... do a search for that title on www.youtube.com and you will be highly amused. Lots of folks have taken it upon themselves to do their own movie previews, on film, and share them with us.

so kind of them.

(lookout! snakes!)

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My friend Ryan is amazingly fascinated with the movie. It seems like it's going to be an absolutely stupid movie but one of those absolutely stupid movies that you end up loving no matter what (like "One Crazy Summer" for me). I know I'm going to see it.

12:14 PM

 
Blogger K Schimmy said...

Okay, so hubby won't go to it with me, so who's in? August 18, who wants to see SNAKES ON A PLANE??!!!??

9:15 AM

 
Blogger clumsygirl said...

I'm in. Rebecca has a bet with a coworker to see who can bring the most people at once to the movie. I think we have 15 or so now.

We'll take over that theater, and run things our way this time. bwa, ha, ha...

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Salal said...

what...
the...
hell....

like you, i am astonished and perplexed. the website is... i have no words. What is going on with Hollywood?

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home