A house full of smart
Dill is here. It's official... I got the tag made, so he is Dill. That way, he can be our little Gherkin. He is one year old, according to the folks at the shelter, and came from a home where he was owned by an 18-year-old kid that went to jail for something (not animal abuse, thank goodness). He is also very, very intelligent, picking things up like a Border Collie should. We now know how to use the dog door, how to stay off the sofa, the name of our new favorite toy, Goat, and his new name. This is going to work out very well, and I can't help but feel very good about the fact that we rescued this little pickle from a shelter.
Scout is adjusting. She is taking every opportunity to TELL him that he is adopted (although I think she forgets that she was, too, just 10 years ago), and she keeps him in line. Ultimately, I think she will like having a job to do, once she warms up to him.
Both dogs got baths yesterday, after we introduced them at the beach. We have a house chock full of clean, brilliant beasties. Life is good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home