Spring forward... here's what I did with the hour I'm losing
Here is one of my Euphorbia from last year, flowering now that the weather is getting warm again. They are my new favorite plant besides...
...Yay! My first trillium of the year, not bloomed yet but here nonetheless. I hope I have more in our forest, but if I have one good one, I'm happy.
This is the slightly more exotic Euphorbia that has maroon centers to the flowers. I have three different kinds, but the third one is kind of boring so far.


5 Comments:
oooohhhh.... I love euphorbia. I bought a regular green one for the front yard recently, and two black ones, called Euphorbia blackbird that will go in the parking strip next to the lavenders. Yay! plants!
2:08 PM
Where did you find the black ones? They're so alien, I love them.
7:11 PM
They were at the nursery just across Powell from my house. Can you take cuttings from Euphorbia?
7:14 PM
Laura would know. She was the one who introduced me to the "Shrek plant" (what art club squids called it).
8:51 PM
Hey there, not to be a downer, but I recalled hearing when I worked at Seattle Tilth that Euphorbias have some toxic stuff - the latex-y goo - so you might do some research. Found this link about a euphorbia that is considered a noxious weed!
http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/potd/2005/09/euphorbia_myrsinites.php
11:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home