Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't do it, ladies, until you talk to me.


Sooooooo, I'm all knocked up. I know that all of the folks that read this blog already know that, so I'm not sure why I said that, except to explain why I have been such a lame-ass blogger lately. I don't want to be one of those people who tells LIES about how wonderful pregnancy is, and how blessed you feel to be carrying a human life (trust me, it's not a privilege, after meeting some of my students' parents I think there should be licenses involved). The truth is, "Flipper" (nickname given thanks to Rick's reaction to first ultrasound) is sucking the life force out of me. What a parasite! It makes me want to throw up half of the time, and the other half, I want to eat everything (grapes today, and grape juice), only to feel like throwing up soon after. I can't even look at the pizza in the fridge (insert gurgly "ew" noise).

So if I EVER go into that mom crap (I told Rick to beat me over the head should I call myself a "mommy"), know that I probably am feeling better. Because right now, I can't even look at babies or people who are really into being supermoms. Sorry, breeders, I know I'm joining your ranks, but don't expect me to wear a "baby on board" t-shirt when I look like I swallowed a large salad bowl (which would be a symptom of a condition called pica, meaning I'm not getting enough minerals... that condition can also cause me to eat paper, which would be funny).

3 Comments:

Blogger clumsygirl said...

looking like you swallowed a salad bowl is called Pica? Like the typographic measuring unit? weird.

good to hear from you. only 2 months left of school!

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

This is further proof that children are nothing but trouble.

My security code is pjlbs. Is that how many pounds you can stuff into your pajamas?

6:00 PM

 
Blogger ladybird said...

kelli!! i am so happy for you guys! i will totally understand if you want to name it after me.
thanks for existing in the world, lady, even if i only see you when bob gets married or your mom cleans out her garage.
xoxoxoxo
susan.
p.s. why is your blog so much cuter than mine?

7:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home