The whole LeClaire side of the family spent yesterday at Safeco field for a sort of family reunion. We made these plans after grandpa Neil passed away, because he was a die-hard Mariners fan. We had a great day hanging out, eating, and kind of watching the game (most of us didn't really watch most of the game, but we cheered when the few good things happened... the M's lost, of course).

My cousin Traci arranged to have a message on the board for our family. Everyone knew that something was going to happen at the end of the sixth, but no one knew what (except me, because she wanted me ready with the camera). It was really cool.

Rick was being silly and dancing in the fire lane because our Nazi usher took a break. Otherwise Rick would have been asked to "please take his seat immediately".

Rick was dancing because the deed has just been done... we brought some of grandpa's ashes to the ballpark, because we know that is where he would like to be. He was sprinkled in several little places, including this spot in section 217. Don't tell our usher.

Matt brought grandpa's childhood baseball mitt and was ready for a foul ball. Some came close, but we didn't get lucky this time.

Traci and her partner Ann brought their boys, including the adorable Makai. He can't take a bad picture.... he had a great time climbing on us and trying to find a pillow so he could take a nap.

Uncle Peter didn't ever take the foam finger off his hand, I think. The foam fingers were very much the souvenir of the day. I actually grabbed a ball cap with the 1977 logo on it (the M trident), which is the logo from when I went to my first M's game.

This is Haley (I hope I'm spelling her name right... sorry if I'm not, Frank!). She is the cutey-pie daughter of Lori's boyfriend Steve, and he brought Haley and his son Tyler to the game. We had kids everywhere, which made it so much fun. Haley was blowing bubbles with the Big League chew she and Tyler were sharing. Owen, Matt's girlfriend Carrie's son, was having a good time popping the bubbles.

And this is the aforementioned Owen. He is a little redhead, although they are telling him he is blonde. He is the cutest little nugget ever, and he had an awesome time at the game. It was great having squids with us, because who else is going to eat tons of sugar and entertain us? Owen is one of the first little kids who actually likes me, so of course I want to steal him. Just kidding, Carrie.

Grandma Mary had a WONDERFUL day. This was her first trip to Safeco, and she just spent the whole time taking it in. I underestimated how cool it would be to see everyone's reactions to that beautiful ballpark, since it was many of my family's first time there. It was an awesome way to remember grandpa. Plus, they had really, really good sushi, and that just made it heaven.
3 Comments:
Thanks for posting all these. I really enjoyed reading and looking at the pics.
3:34 PM
It was so fun seeing you yesterday and realizing where you and Rick live. The pix at Safeco are very special and what a great idea Tracy had. Games there are so fun and leave it to Matt to be everready with the best mitt. I found this blog on Amelia and Tony's site and remembered Sarah having taken the note down although at the time I didn'tknow what you guys said to each other. Interesting....
1:01 PM
by the way, momanddad are Joe and Loris
1:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home