Does anyone know what the numbers "897" on this blog template mean? Anyone? Help me!!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Worried and powerless...

...because Scout is not doing well. She can't get up to go out the dog door to do her business, so she just made a huge puddle on her bed last night. She spit out her delicious glucosamine chew this morning, and didn't get up to eat. I just gave her a bowl of water after she lifted her head with a crazed look on her face, almost like she was scared. She lapped it up frantically.

She turned 15 last month, so I have been preparing myself for this. She has been a shadow of the dog I knew, because she has gotten pretty weak and senile. But she's my girl, and has been since September 1996. I'm scared to be without her presence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lo said...

Good ole Scouter. It is hard to see her this way, but she has had a great life. And that is all account of you making it great. She will leave a great legacy.

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie Frieze said...

It is so difficult to lose our furry family. I believe that we will see them again and my heart goes out to you and your family as you prepare to have an empty place in your family.

4:41 AM

 
Blogger Amelia said...

Oh, Kelli, I am so sorry. So, so sorry. Give her a gentle hug for me and know that I am scared with you.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I am so sorry. I remember when she was just a pup. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. We're thinking about you guys.

3:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home