The Middle/High School concept
I always have somewhat mixed feelings about high school students sharing a relatively small building with 7th and 8th graders... there are, of course, the issues regarding senior boys/7th grade girls, the high school students picking on the little 'uns just for fun, and there is always the smell (my classroom is just beyond a bank of 7th grade lockers). But today, one of those little things happened that makes me remember why it's fun to have middle schoolers around.
I was returning from my third period class (held in the computer lab), and when I got to the MS hallway, one of the tiniest little seventh grade spectacled boys was jogging through the miscellaneous teachers and students still straggling in the hallway before the bell rang... as he went along, he pointed at each person he passed (including me) and said, "You're awesome!"


2 Comments:
Well you ARE awesome!
12:08 PM
That is adorable.
I still don't endorse putting those populations together, mostly because of what I saw/experienced during my 6-12th time in Ilwaco. 6th graders don't need to hear 12th grade locker talk.
2:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home