Murphy's law
Sorry for all the talk about my boobs, especially to my male readers (all two of you). But here we go again!
I have an appointment tomorrow with a colleague of my dear lactation specialist (who called me Sunday to set this up). So we journey to OHSU tomorrow to once and for all figure out if my boobs are an enigma, still getting blisters when the latch is perfect. I'm excited to get out of town, and to test traveling with Ruary, who loves riding in the truck to Astoria, the longest trip we have taken to date. I am also looking forward to a visit to Babies R Us, and to pick up a few things that should make our lives just a bit easier... not to mention a trip to Old Navy to possibly find a few more sleepers that will fit our ever-expanding infant (he outgrew one of my faves recently).
So of course, what happens when I am excited to do something? Something happens to taint it!!! Yay!!! This evening, one of the boobs got engorged and started hurting all the way into the armpit, which is an indication that I am clogged again (same one as before). So that means that not only will my appointment be not as effective, but I get to travel with a sore chest and I won't enjoy myself like I should. I really hate my body sometimes, it has never been kind to me.
I'm icing and doing everything I can to make it better by tomorrow morning. Oh, so much anger, and just as I was feeling good about things again.


5 Comments:
So sorry to hear about all your nursing troubles. I've definitely had my fair share so I know how hard it can be on a mom. I hope you are able to go on your trip (two hours in the car actually sounds like heaven right now) and that you get some advice that can help you.
9:10 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I have been crossing my fingers and toes for all of this to work right.
I am looking forward to seeing you guys in a while. See you at babiesrus.
9:16 AM
So, so, sorry. I got nothing else to say except I have so much respect for you and every time I read what you are going thru, I'm humbled. I think what they say is true, being a mom is the hardest job in the world. That must be why the little buggers are so cute, they get to live!!! love you girl!
4:24 PM
Even though I keep thinking about you and the fam, it somehow takes me weeks to check in on your blog. I'm glad to see that kid of yours is so super cute! But sorry to hear the troubles continue with the milk makers. love you , miss you, hope to see you before your child has gotten his molars.
5:46 PM
Good luck, both with the consultant and with the car trip... I thought Charles would love a long car trip, since he seems to zonk right out in the car seat during our short trips, but I was wrong. I hope, for your sake, that you experience much less crying than we did on our trips to and from the beach.
11:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home