Our "addition" is done!!!
After many months of locking the dogs indoors so they wouldn't bark and bark and bark at the workers, we finally have a completed shop. It will eventually be not only a double gargage, but a place to store stuff (instead of our little house and storage unit), a studio for me, and a wide open space that Ruary can learn to ride a bike on. It will seriously add square footage to our home by providing another gathering space, and allowing us to open up the house by getting rid of the Rubbermaids tucked into every nook and cranny.
Here it is. The arrow marks where we wrote our names. I will post pictures of the inside soon, but now it just looks dirty and gray.I'm very, very, very, very excited to get the studio going. I'm not going to wait for the wall to get put up to start getting it ready... I want to stain and seal the floor (I'm thinking a bright blue floor would be RAD), then see about getting some drywall or paneling up with insulation. The in-floor heating will make for a cozy space, I think. Rick is also excited about treating the floor in the main garage with that gray/speckly epoxy stuff that people put on garage floors.


7 Comments:
It's really too bad that people lose the unabashed compliment-giving (especially because it is often quite deserved) when we become teenagers. You ARE awesome!
12:08 PM
The shop looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. I will even offer my amazing mudding skills to you. Aren't you putting a photo area in there too? I hope so.
12:13 PM
A darkroom is in the plan someday... my first priority is to get a nice large work surface going, and get a sink so I can do some screenprinting. AND make a nice play area for the pooper.
1:42 PM
I am very jealous. In floor heating in a work area? Outrageous. Have fun.
2:07 PM
The in-floor heating is mostly for moisture control... we won't keep it really warm, just warm enough to chase the mold away and keep any paper goods dry.
5:30 PM
That's not entirely true dear. Your studio will be insulated and sheet-rocked just like a room in a house. You will have a thermostat on your wall just like in a house. The on-demand hot water heater will do a terrific job of keeping your space 67° or whatever you want. You can make it 90° if you want to, although I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to make art in the nude... hmmm, nude :::drools::: Anyhow the rest of the shop will be around 60° to keep the moldies away and for a quicker warm-up time when I want to work on my side. Buenas Noches, Luna.
8:18 PM
Yippee! The shop is done. How exciting.
9:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home