Welcome red king
As anyone who reads this blog must know, Ruary Dale Schimelpfenig is here. He arrived yesterday (Monday), November 24 at 10:56 am after a long, difficult morning. After getting to 10 cm at about 8 am, I started to push (aided by my intrepid husband and sister), which is safely the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. However, despite my efforts I had a baby lodged in my pelvis who refused to move any further due to the size of his noggin. My awesome doctor and husband and I made the difficult executive decision to move forward with a cesarean section, something I had wanted to avoid at all costs but was necessary to insure the safe delivery of our son. So at about 10 am, I headed into surgery and Rick got dressed in some cute scrubs. Details aside, I was extremely nervous and exhausted, and I burst into tears upon seeing that Loris, a friend of the family, would hang out during the procedure (a familiar face meant everything to me, and it helped give me the boost I needed to get through the nervous/anesthesia vomiting and adrenaline shakes that were wracking my body).
He is beautiful. He is a good baby, and he adores his attentive father very much (they have seriously bonded, which melts my heart when I see them together). I am trying to recover from surgery and master this breastfeeding thing at the same time, which is the hardest thing I have ever done. Meltdowns are frequent, and I wish some magical lactation fairy would show up and make it all better but I just know that we have some work to do. It's all worth it, because this little boy is just as sweet as he could be and I fall in love with him whenever he is in my arms. I also fall in love with my husband all over again when I watch how wonderful he is with his new son... I couldn't be doing this without him.I hope to see everyone soon... you have to meet this kid, if only to witness his very large hands and feet (he has long toes that are perfect for picking things up off the floor, just like his mother). Love you all!


5 Comments:
I am witness...His fingers and toes are the longest I have ever seen. He is adorable. I can not be more proud of the my sister and her hubby. My heart gushes when I see them with their son!!!
11:28 PM
Congratulations! He looks like a wonderful little man. I hope the breastfeeding thing gets better for you. All the best to you and your new family!
10:12 AM
Congratulations, lady. They say the best things come to those that wait... this must mean you'll have the best kid ever, right?
12:42 PM
I'm glad that Loris made it... she wasn't sure she could "legally" come see you when I notified her that you were there, but then the call for surgery came and she had her excuse :-) She sent a very nice email announcing Ruary's arrival. I know she just loved being there.
7:36 PM
I was thrilled and touched to be there for your delivery. Your Raury is truly a big bouncing boy and you were fantastic despite being tired. Rick showed how strong and loving he could be. Hope your week has gone well. I agree with Lori about how well they mesh.
5:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home